The Western & Southern Open will hold the second annual Urban Pong presented by Skyline Chili tournament and event at Washington Park this Saturday, July 28 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The free and open-to-the public event will look to crown this year’s city-wide Urban Pong champion from a single elimination, co-ed 64-person bracket. Last year, the husband and wife duo of Nick and Alicia Snider battled it out in the finals, with Nick emerging victorious. This year’s champion and runners up receive premium box seat packages to the 2018 Western & Southern Open held in August.
Registration is currently full for the competition, which begins at 1 p.m.; however, hopeful participants can join the wait list at UrbanPongCincy.com to be notified if more spots become available.
Spectators can watch the competition on three different tables or rally themselves on the custom painted ping pong table open for free play by all. The event is pet and kid-friendly and will feature entertainment from DJ Hilliard, kid-sized tennis courts, a lounge area, and a remote bar selling craft beer from local breweries. Crowd giveaways will take place all afternoon awarding W&S open tickets, apparel and swag to lucky winners.
The following vendors are slated to participate:
• Presenting partner Skyline Chili – Selling classics from their menu all day
• Rookwood Pottery - Allowing attendees to touch, feel, and experience the W&S Open
Rookwood Cup Trophy
• Wing Eyecare - Providing giveaway items to attendees
• W&S Open Ticket Sales - Raffle prizes & selling tournament tickets
• 3-19 Coffee - Offering cold brew selling tins of the Special Edition "Match Point Blend"
• Game Changer Athletics and USTA Midwest - Mini tennis courts for kids
• Midwest Sports - Raffling off Midwest Sports $200 gift card
• Cincinnati Table Tennis Club - Providing competition tables
Urban Pong is an official pre-event of the 2018 Western & Southern Open, which is slated for August 11-19, 2018 at the Lindner Family Tennis Center in Mason, Ohio. The event recently released its starstudded player fields which include past champions Roger Federer and Serena Williams among other top players in the game. This year marks the debut of the $25 million South Building at the Lindner Family Tennis Center, featuring new fan seating areas. Among the offerings are seats in the All-Inclusive level, which can be purchased on a single-session basis and include food and beverages with the purchase of a ticket.
Tickets are still available for select sessions of the W&S Open and can be found at the Urban Pong event with the help of tournament ticket sales assistants, by visiting shop.cincytennis.com, or by calling tournament offices at 513.651.0303.
How to register for the Urban Pong waitlist