The Western & Southern Open will introduce a new fan experience area called the Grand Courtyard on the event grounds of the tournament that will take place Aug. 13-21.
Located just inside the south entrance, adjacent to the Grandstand Court, the Grand Courtyard will be the go-to spot between the tournament’s tennis action. Designed with fans of all ages in mind, the Grand Courtyard will feature outdoor lounge seating near big screens for match viewing, interactive entertainment experiences, a pop-up bar and a full line-up of programming.
“Our fans spend an average of six hours on-site per day during the tournament,” said Katie Haas, CEO of the Western & Southern Open. “With that in mind, we’re adding more entertainment and opportunities for fun in addition to world-class tennis.”
A variety of unique programming will take place in the Grand Courtyard throughout the tournament, ranging from giveaways and sampling opportunities to interactive activities and special guest appearances. Every day’s experience will be different, giving fans a reason to continue coming back to see what’s new and exciting.
Highlights of the offerings in the Grand Courtyard will include:
- Courtyard Conversations: A personal Q&A series hosted each day will feature the world’s top men’s and women’s tennis stars and personalities. This is the perfect opportunity to get to know the players and hear the inside scoop on what’s happening on and off the court.
- Making a Masterpiece: Through an interactive partnership with ArtWorks, fans will leave their mark by helping paint a tournament-inspired mural created by youth apprentices from the Cincinnati region.
- Tennis Test: Fans of all ages can grab a racket and put their skills to the test with a series of tennis challenges hosted by USTA Midwest. The Grand Courtyard will also include mini tennis courts and ping pong tables to keep the competitive juices flowing.
- Feeling Photogenic: The perfect place for a photo will be the tournament backdrops within the Grand Courtyard. The Western & Southern Open is a “see, and be seen event,” and this will provide the ideal setting for that Instagrammable snap. (Fans should use #CincyTennis to show off their moment to the masses.)
- Relax and Refresh: With ample greenspace, a variety of seating options and plenty of shade, the Grand Courtyard offers a place to chill out and spend time with friends. Fans can grab a drink from a pop-up bar in the center of the Courtyard or a scoop of Graeter’s ice cream before relaxing in Adirondack chairs to watch the latest match action on the big screen.
A schedule of programming for the Grand Courtyard will be available on the Western & Southern Open official mobile app, at www.wsopen.com and on signage around the grounds. The Grand Courtyard is the latest addition to the Western & Southern Open grounds that already features 17 courts, 14 local restaurants, six signature bars, shopping, and premium hospitality areas.