Volunteer Registration is scheduled to Open mid-April for the 2021 tournament!
Welcome Back 2021 Volunteers!
We missed you last year but are excited for the return of the Western & Southern Open to our home courts August 14-22.
As we continue to monitor the status of the Covid-19 Pandemic we want to assure you that the health and safety for all those involved with the tournament will always be our top priority. We will continue to communicate any updates as we receive them.
The Western & Southern Open takes many hours of planning and work to be successful! It is no easy task, but thanks to the 1,300-plus volunteers who join the team each year, it continues to grow as one of the world’s premier tennis events!
The hours of volunteer service are not only helping the tournament but assist the tournament in our continued efforts to raise money for the benefit of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, UC Health Barrett Cancer Center and Tennis for Inner City Youth.
The tournament welcomes volunteers from our local community and beyond. With a variety of committee positions available, there is an opportunity for everyone. Don’t waste another minute, come be a part of the action and join our volunteer team!
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Volunteer Minimum Requirements:
Joining our volunteer team requires hard work, dedication, and a commitment to excellence. We strive to build the best team of volunteers to help put on this world class event. As a Western & Southern Open volunteer you will need to meet the following requirements.
- Commit to work a minimum of 5 shifts.
- Obtain the required training to learn the responsibilities of your position by attending the Volunteer Kick-off scheduled for Saturday, July 31, 2021 (tournament site) or make other arrangements with your committee chairpersons to receive your needed training.
- Be a goodwill ambassador for the tournament while on and off duty.
- Follow all tournament policies and guidelines, including not seeking pictures or autographs of any players while in uniform and working as a volunteer.
- Submit a volunteer application and sign a waiver and release (accreditation policy).
Our Commitment to You:
Creating a memorable and enjoyable experience for our volunteers is important to the Western & Southern Open. In recognition of your commitment to us we offer you the following benefits:
- Volunteer picture credential.
- Fila uniform package - includes a hat and 2 tournament polo shirts.
- Volunteer Parking in a dedicated area.
- Exclusive souvenir volunteer pin.
- Access to the Volunteer Lounge which includes light snacks and refreshments.
- PLUS, MUCH MORE!
The tournament has 31 volunteer committees and 1,300+ volunteers that play an integral role in our ability to put on this event. While not all committees require new volunteers each year, several committees have openings for the 2021 tournament.
Complete List of Volunteer Committees
Still have questions? Check out our helpful Volunteer FAQ's
Please contact Mary Conner, Director of Volunteers, at email@example.com for any additional help
Volunteer Information Request Form
Please complete the below form to be notified when Volunteer Registration opens and addition volunteer information.
2021 FOREHAND VOLLEY WILL BE AVAILABLE AT A LATER DATE