The 2019 Western & Southern Open was a tremendous success and we couldn't have done it without you, a dedicated, hardworking team of volunteers. Check back to this site for details on the 2020 Western & Southern Open volunteer opportunities after the 1st of the new year.
The Western & Southern Open takes many hours of planning and work to be successful! It is no easy task, but thanks to the 1,300-plus volunteers who join the team each year, it continues to grow as one of the world’s premier tennis events!
The hours of volunteer service are not only helping the tournament but assist the tournament in our continued efforts to raise money for the benefit of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, UC Health Barrett Cancer Center and Tennis for Inner City Youth.
The tournament welcomes volunteers from our local community and beyond. With a variety of committee positions available, there is an opportunity for everyone. Don’t waste another minute, come be a part of the action and join our volunteer team!
To Be Notified Once Volunteer Registration is Available please fill out this Form
How to become a Volunteer
Joining our volunteer team requires hard work, dedication and a commitment to excellence. We strive to build the best team of volunteers to help put on this world class event. As a Western & Southern Open volunteer you will need to meet the following requirements.
- Commit to work a minimum of 5 shifts.
- Obtain the required training to learn the responsibilities of your area by attending the Volunteer Kick-off scheduled for Saturday, July 27, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. - noon (tournament site) or make other arrangements with your committee chairpersons to receive your needed training.
- Be a goodwill ambassador for the tournament while on and off duty.
- Follow all tournament rules and guidelines, including not seeking pictures or autographs of any players while in uniform and working as a volunteer.
- Submit a volunteer application, and sign a waiver and release (accreditation policy).
The tournament has 32 volunteer committees and 1,300+ volunteers that play an integral role in our ability to put on this event. While not all committees require new volunteers each year, several committees have openings for the 2020 tournament.
Click Here for a complete listing of our volunteer committees and their anticipated needs for new volunteers for this year.
|Volunteering has benefits! Not only will you get the personal pride and excitement of being involved with the tournament, you also will receive the following benefits:
Qualifier Level – Work 5 shifts receive:
- Two tournament volunteer shirts and hat by Fila
- Exclusive souvenir volunteer pin
- Two tickets to one of the following sessions:
- Qualifier session, Saturday, Aug. 15 or
- Sunday, Aug. 16, day or night session
- Access to the Volunteer Lounge area which includes complimentary light snacks and refreshments.
- Opportunity to purchase 1 - $60 meal allowance card (MAC) at a reduced price of $30 to be used for the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages at the food establishments throughout the tournament grounds.
- Complimentary volunteer parking in a dedicated area.
- Volunteer picture credential.
- Discount in the merchandise tent during the volunteer sale held on the final day of the tournament - Sunday, Aug. 23 - Exact time TBD
- Opportunity to pre-order plants from the plant sale.
Main Draw Level - Work 40 or more hours and earn the following additional benefits:
Finalist Level - Work 50 or more hours and receive the following additional benefits:
- Two tickets to main-draw match, evening session 5, Monday, Aug. 17.
- Your choice of either a free $20 meal allowance card or the opportunity to purchase a 2nd $60 meal allowance card at $30
- Additional tournament item - TBD
Champion Level - Work 60 or more hours and receive a tournament logoed Weatherman Stick Umbrella
REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 1ST
2020 FOREHAND VOLLEY WILL BE AVAILABLE AT A LATER DATE
Come be a part of the action. I guarantee that you will make new friends and have the experience of a lifetime! Please also remember to refer a friend to volunteer…the tournament could use more ambassadors like yourself.
Click here to read the volunteer FAQ.
Questions? Please contact Mary Conner, Director of Volunteers, at 513-665-3822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.