Do you possess speed, agility and have a strong understanding of tennis rules and etiquette? If you answered yes, then you might have what it takes to join the Western & Southern Open world class ballperson team. This is an opportunity of a lifetime. Not only will you make lasting friendships with other ballkids, but you will share the court and attend to the needs of some of the best tennis athletes in the world.
DOWNLOAD THE BALLPERSON MANUAL
- Must be 12 years old by August 1, 2020
- Submit a volunteer application (Applications will be open April 1, 2020)
- Must sign a volunteer waiver.
- Review the ballperson manual in its entirety. Successfully pass a written test based on the manual and a skills test on the court during the training sessions.
- All new and second-year ballpersons must attend one of the two-day training/tryout session (listed below) at the Lindner Family Tennis Center (rain or shine):
- Session 1 - May 16 & 17, 2020 from 9am - noon
- Session 2 - June 13 & 14, 2020 from 9am - noon
- Must work a minimum of the first five days of the tournament, Aug. 15 - 19 (when we have the most matches to cover).
- Submit a $50 participation fee once the ballperson team has been selected
Being a ballperson has its benefits! Not only will you get the personal pride and excitement of being involved with the tournament, you also will receive the following benefits:
Qualifier Level – Work 5 shifts you receive:
- An exclusive Fila ballperson uniform consisting of two shirts, two shorts or two dresses, socks, hat and shoes.
- Exclusive souvenir volunteer pin
- Two tickets for family or friends to one of the following sessions:
- Qualifier session, Saturday, Aug. 15 or either session on Sunday, August 16th
- Access to the Ballkid Lounge area which includes complimentary light snacks and refreshments.
- Opportunity to purchase 1 - $60 meal allowance card at a reduced price of $30 to be used for the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages at the food establishments throughout the tournament grounds.
- Complimentary volunteer parking in a dedicated area.
- Volunteer picture credential.
- Discount in the Midwest Sport merchandise tent during the volunteer sale held on the final day of the tournament - Sunday, Aug. 23 Time -TBD
Main Draw Level - Work 7 or more shifts and receive these additional benefits:
- 2 tickets for family or friends to Monday evening, Aug. 17 (session 5).
Finalist Level - Work 8 or more shifts and receive these additional benefits:
- Your choice of either a $20 meal allowance card or the opportunity to purchase a 2nd $60 meal allowance card at a reduced rate of $30.
- Long sleeve tournament shirt
REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 1
FOREHAND VOLLEY WILL BE AVAILABLE AT LATER DATE
Come be a part of the action. I guarantee that you will make new friends and have the experience of a lifetime! Please also remember to refer a friend to volunteer…the tournament could use more ambassadors like yourself.
Questions? Contact Mary Conner, Director of Volunteers, at 513-665-3822 or firstname.lastname@example.org