Do you possess speed, agility and have a strong understanding of tennis rules and etiquette? If you answered yes, then you might have what it takes to join the Western & Southern Open world class ball person team. This is an opportunity of a lifetime. Not only will you make lasting friendships with other ball kids, but you will share the court and attend to the needs of some of the best tennis athletes in the world.
Thank you to our 2022 ball person team!
This year's tournament was one for the books, and would not have been possible without your commitment and support.
Interested in being a ball person for the 2023 Western & Southern Open?
Fill out the form below to request more information.
HOW TO BECOME A BALL PERSON
Ball Person Requirements:
- Must be 12 years old by August 1, 2023.
- Submit a volunteer application including a signed waiver.
- Must be available to work at least the first 5 days of the tournament, August 12 – 16, 2023.
- All new (and 2nd year) candidates must attend one two-day training/tryout sessions held at the Lindner Family Tennis Center.
- Successfully pass a written test based on the ball person manual/tennis rules and skills test on the court during the training session.
- Submit a $50 participation fee once the ball person team has been selected.
Our Commitment to You:
Creating a memorable and enjoyable experience for our volunteers is important to the Western & Southern Open. In recognition of your commitment to us we offer you the following benefits:
- Ball person picture credential
- Fila uniform package – consisting of two shirts, two shorts or two dresses, shoes, socks, hat, and wristbands.
- Volunteer Parking in a dedicated area.
- Exclusive souvenir volunteer pin.
- Access to the Ball person Lounge including light snacks and refreshments.
- PLUS, MUCH MORE!
Download the ball person manual here.
View the links below to access helpful ball person resources.
Still have questions? Check out our helpful ball person FAQ's or contact Mary Conner, Director of Volunteers, at email@example.com for any additional help.