Ball Person Requirements:
- Must be 12 years old by August 1, 2022.
- Submit a volunteer application including a signed waiver.
- Must be available to work at least the first 5 days of the tournament, August 13 – 17, 2022.
- All new (and 2nd year) candidates must attend one of the following two-day training/tryout sessions held at the Lindner Family Tennis Center:
- Session 1: June 4-5, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Session 2: June 11-12, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Successfully pass a written test based on the ball person manual/tennis rules and skills test on the court during the training session.
- Submit a $50 participation fee once the ball person team has been selected.
Our Commitment to You:
Creating a memorable and enjoyable experience for our volunteers is important to the Western & Southern Open. In recognition of your commitment to us we offer you the following benefits:
- Ball person picture credential
- Fila uniform package – consisting of two shirts, two shorts or two dresses, shoes, socks, hat, and wristbands.
- Volunteer Parking in a dedicated area.
- Exclusive souvenir volunteer pin.
- Access to the Ball person Lounge including light snacks and refreshments.
- PLUS, MUCH MORE!
Download the ball person manual here.