Do you possess speed, agility and have a strong understanding of tennis rules and etiquette? If you answered yes, then you might have what it takes to join the Western & Southern Open world class ballperson team. This is an opportunity of a lifetime. Not only will you make lasting friendships with other ballkids, but you will share the court and attend to the needs of some of the best tennis athletes in the world.
Download the Ballperson Manual
- Must be 12 years old by August 1, 2021.
- Submit a volunteer application including a signed waiver.
- Must be available to work at least the first 5 days of the tournament, August 14 – 18, 2021.
- All new (and 2nd year) candidates must attend one of the two-day training/tryout sessions held at the Lindner Family Tennis Center:
- Session 1 – May 15 & 16, 2021 9:30am – noon
- Session 2 – June 5 & 6, 2021 9:30am - noon
- Successfully pass a written test based on the ballperson manual/tennis rules and skills test on the court during the training session.
- Submit a $50 participation fee once the ballperson team has been selected.
Our Commitment to You:
Creating a memorable and enjoyable experience for our volunteers is important to the Western & Southern Open. In recognition of your commitment to us we offer you the following benefits:
- Ballperson picture credential.
- Fila uniform package – consisting of two shirts, two shorts or two dresses, shoes, socks, hat, and wristbands.
- Volunteer Parking in a dedicated area.
- Exclusive souvenir volunteer pin.
- Access to the Ballperson Lounge including light snacks and refreshments.
- PLUS, MUCH MORE!
Still have questions? Check out our helpful Ballperson FAQ's
Or contact Mary Conner, Director of Volunteers at firstname.lastname@example.org