Becoming a ballperson is a great way to see tennis closer than you ever have before. Joining the ball team is also an excellent way to meet new friends, exercise and see high quality tennis. Ballpersons must possess speed and agility, have good hand and eye coordination, excellent attention skills and a strong understanding of tennis rules and etiquette.
Questions? Contact Mary Conner, Director of Volunteers, at 513-665-3822 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be 12 years old by August 1, 2019.
- Must submit a volunteer application (Applications accepted April 1st, 2019)
- Must sign a volunteer waiver.
- All new and 2nd year ballpersons must register online and attend one, two-day training/try out seminar at the Lindner Family Tennis Center (rain or shine):
- Session 1 – mid May - exact date TBD
- Session 2 – early June - exact date TBD
- Must work a minimum of 5 days, must be available the first 5 days August 10-14
- A $50 participation fee is due once the ballperson team is selected
DOWNLOAD THE BENEFITS SHEET
Being a ballperson has its benefits! Not only will you get the personal pride and excitement of being involved with the tournament, you also will receive the following benefits:
Qualifier Level – Work 5-6 shifts you receive:
- An exclusive ballperson uniform consisting of two shirts, two shorts or two dresses, tennis shoes, socks and hat by Fila.
- Exclusive souvenir volunteer pin
- Two tickets to one of the following sessions:
- Qualifier session, Saturday, August 10 or
- Sunday, August 11, day session or
- Sunday, August 11, evening, session
- Access to the Ballkid Lounge area which includes complimentary light snacks and refreshments.
- Opportunity to purchase 1 - $50 meal allowance card at a reduced price of $25 to be used for the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages at the food establishments throughout the tournament grounds.
- Complimentary volunteer parking in a dedicated area.
- Volunteer picture credential.
- Discount in the merchandise tent during the volunteer sale held on the final day of the tournament - Sunday, August 18. Time -TBD
Main Draw Level - Work 7 or more shifts and receive benefits in the Qualifier Level plus:
Finalist Level - Work 8 or more shifts and receive benefits above plus
- Your choice of either a $10 meal card or the opportunity to purchase a 2nd $50 meal card at half price
- Long sleeve tournament shirt
Come be a part of the action. I guarantee that you will make new friends and have the experience of a life time! Please also remember to refer a friend to volunteer…the tournament could use more ambassadors like yourself.