Thank you to all the 2015 Volunteers!
Without you the event would not be a success.
Please check back in early 2016 for information on registration, OR click here to be notified when registration is about to open.
Wait. Looking to be a ballkid? Go here! Everyone else, read on...
The Western & Southern Open takes many hours of planning and work to be successful! It is no easy task, but thanks to the 1300 plus volunteers who join the team each year, it continues to grow as one of the world’s premier tennis events!
The hours of volunteer service are not only helping the tournament, but assist the tournament in our continued efforts to raise money for the benefit of the following charities - Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, UC Barrett Cancer Center and Tennis for Inner City Youth.
The following information outlines the requirements, opportunities and benefits of volunteering.
How to become a Volunteer
Joining our volunteer team requires hard work, dedication and a commitment to the tournament. As a volunteer you will need to meet the following requirements.
- Work a minimum of 5 shifts
- Be available for training and uniform pick-up at the Volunteer Party (highly recommended) scheduled for Saturday, August 1 from 9am – noon or make arrangements with your chairperson to obtain the necessary training to learn your volunteer responsibilities. Additional opportunities will be available to pick up your credential and uniform. Dates and time to be determined later this summer.
- Follow all rules and guidelines set forth by the tournament. Under no circumstance are volunteers to seek a picture or autograph of a player while working as a volunteer.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times while acting in a tournament capacity.
- Arrive promptly to your scheduled shifts and stay for the duration of your shift.
- Be a goodwill ambassador at the tournament while on and off duty.
- Submit a volunteer application, and sign a waiver
The tournament has 33 volunteer committees as well as over 1300 volunteers that play an integral role in our ability to put on this event. While not all committees require new volunteers each year, several committees have openings for the 2015 tournament.
Click Here for a complete listing of our volunteer committees and their anticipated needs for new volunteers for this year.
|Volunteering has benefits! Not only will you get the personal pride and excitement of being involved with the tournament, you also will receive the following benefits:
Qualifier Level – Work 5-6 shifts you receive:
- Two tournament volunteer shirts and hat by Wilson.
- Exclusive souvenir volunteer pin.
- Two tickets to one of the following sessions:
- Qualifier session, Saturday, August 15 or
- Sunday, August 16, day session or
- Sunday, August 16, evening, session
- Access to the Volunteer Lounge area which includes complimentary light snacks and refreshments.
- Opportunity to purchase 1 - $50 meal allowance card at a reduced price of $25 to be used for the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages at the food establishments throughout the tournament grounds.
- Complimentary volunteer parking in a dedicated area.
- Volunteer picture credential.
- Discount in the merchandise tent during the volunteer sale held on the final day of the tournament - Sunday, August 23. Time -TBD
- Opportunity to pre-order plants from the plant sale.
- On court recognition on Sunday night, August 16 for volunteers reaching their 20th 25th, 30th and 35th year of service.
Main Draw Level - Work 7 or more shifts and receive all benefits in the Qualifier Level plus:
- Two tickets to the evening session (Session 5) on Monday, August 17
Finalist Level - Work 8 or more shifts and receive all benefits above plus:
- Your choice of either a $10 meal allowance card or the opportunity to purchase a 2nd $50 meal allowance card at half price
- Your choice of one of the following: long sleeve shirt, tournament blanket or cinch bag
Come be a part of the action. I guarantee that you will make new friends and have the experience of a life time! Please also remember to refer a friend to volunteer…the tournament could use more ambassadors like yourself.
Questions? Please contact Mary Conner, Volunteer Coordinator, at 513-665-3822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.