• Must be 12 years old by August 1, 2017.
• Must submit a volunteer application (Applications accepted mid-April 2017)
• Must sign a volunteer waiver.
• All new and 2nd year ballpersons must register online and attend one of the following weekend training sessions at the Lindner Family Tennis Center (rain or shine).
o Session 1 – May 13 & 14 from 10am – noon
o Session 2 – June 10 & 11 from 10am – noon
• Must work a minimum of 5 days, must be available the first 5 days August 12-16
DOWNLOAD THE BENEFITS SHEET
Being a ballperson has its benefits! Not only will you get the personal pride and excitement of being involved with the tournament, you also will receive the following benefits:
Qualifier Level – Work 5-6 shifts you receive:
• An exclusive ballperson uniform consisting of two shirts, two shorts or two dresses, socks and hat by Fila.
• Exclusive souvenir volunteer pin
• Two tickets to one of the following sessions:
- Qualifier session, Saturday, August 12 or
- Sunday, August 13, day session or
- Sunday, August 13, evening, session
• Access to the Ballkid Lounge area which includes complimentary light snacks and refreshments.
• Opportunity to purchase 1 - $50 meal allowance card at a reduced price of $25 to be used for the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages at the food establishments throughout the tournament grounds.
• Complimentary volunteer parking in a dedicated area.
• Volunteer picture credential.
• Discount in the merchandise tent during the volunteer sale held on the final day of the tournament - Sunday, August 20. Time -TBD
Main Draw Level - Work 7 or more shifts and receive benefits in the Qualifier Level plus:
• Two tickets to the main draw match (session 5), Monday, August 14th.
Finalist Level - Work 8 or more shifts and receive benefits above plus
• Your choice of either a $10 meal card or the opportunity to purchase a 2nd $50 meal card at half price
• Long sleeve tournament shirt
Come be a part of the action. I guarantee that you will make new friends and have the experience of a life time! Please also remember to refer a friend to volunteer…the tournament could use more ambassadors like yourself.
Questions? Contact Mary Conner, Director of Volunteers, at 513-665-3822 or firstname.lastname@example.org